by Theresa Bradley-Banta
— A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. —Lao Tzu
Imagine having a great team. It’s important to you—and your team—that they feel valued and happy working with you. Right?
But, micro managing isn’t really your thing, is it?
So how do you demonstrate great leadership and create a collaborative work culture at the same time?
What leads to an innovative working environment?
30 Extraordinary Ways to Inspire Yourself and Your Team:
- Demonstrate a clear vision.
- Refuse to blame others.
- Be honest about your own mistakes.
- Don’t make speeches.
- Don’t be afraid of the unknown.
- Approach your role as leader with humility.
- Suspend judgment when listening to others.
- Ask, “What if…?”
- Worry only if your team stops bringing their problems to you.
- Seek out diversity.
- Keep your promises.
- Don’t let your feelings cloud your decision-making.
- Put yourself in other people’s shoes.
- Have a deep, subconscious belief in your worth.
- Don’t underestimate the ability of your team.
- Be willing to work hard.
- Keep your eye on future results.
- Maximize others contributions – give credit where credit is due.
- Be a storyteller when describing the big picture.
- Let your team find the answer even when it is already clear to you.
- Be consistent in your personal style.
- Set challenging goals.
- Inspire, coach and empower.
- Never leave anyone behind.
- Surround yourself with talent and get out of their way.
- Be cool in a crisis.
- Bring a can-do attitude—enthusiasm is contagious!
- Possess unwavering courage.
- Create an environment where motivation can thrive.
- Let your team know they are valued.
If you want to be a successful leader, and I believe everyone is capable of leading well, practice these ideas on a daily basis.
You will make a difference—not only to your workplace, but also to how your business contributes the world at large.
Latest posts by Theresa Bradley-Banta (see all)
- 10 Apartment Amenities That Create Strong Communities - June 17, 2019
- Opportunity Zones: Look Before You Leap - June 10, 2019
- Multifamily Market Cycles: Choose the Ideal Market - June 4, 2019