by Theresa Bradley-Banta
— A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. —Lao Tzu
Wow. Awesome quote, isn’t it? Imagine having a great team who feel valued and happy working with you. So how do you demonstrate leadership and create a collaborative work culture at the same time? What leads to an innovative working environment?
30 extraordinary ways to inspire yourself and your team:
- Demonstrate a clear vision.
- Refuse to blame others.
- Be honest about your own mistakes.
- Don’t make speeches.
- Don’t be afraid of the unknown.
- Approach your role as leader with humility.
- Suspend judgment when listening to others.
- Ask, “What if…?”
- Worry only if your team stops bringing their problems to you.
- Seek out diversity.
- Keep your promises.
- Don’t let your feelings cloud your decision-making.
- Put yourself in other people’s shoes.
- Have a deep, subconscious belief in your worth.
- Don’t underestimate the ability of your team.
- Be willing to work hard.
- Keep your eye on future results.
- Maximize others contributions – give credit where credit is due.
- Be a storyteller when describing the big picture.
- Let your team find the answer even when it is already clear to you.
- Be consistent in your personal style.
- Set challenging goals.
- Inspire, coach and empower.
- Never leave anyone behind.
- Surround yourself with talent and get out of their way.
- Be cool in a crisis.
- Bring a can-do attitude—enthusiasm is contagious!
- Possess unwavering courage.
- Create an environment where motivation can thrive.
- Let your team know they are valued.
If you want to be a successful leader, and I believe everyone is capable of leading well, practice these ideas on a daily basis.
You will make a difference—not only to your workplace, but also to how your business contributes the world at large.
Latest posts by Theresa Bradley-Banta (see all)
- Multifamily Common Areas Maintenance & Management Tips - March 31, 2020
- 8 Tenant Gift Ideas That Will Boost Your Bottom Line - November 11, 2019
- Need a Package Delivery System at Your Multifamily Rental Property? - October 28, 2019