by Theresa Bradley-Banta
In my article 23 Fun Questions to Ask Your Mentor I list some questions that help lighten up the mentoring session. But sometimes you really want to go deep with the questions you ask your mentor.
Here is a simple, but extraordinary, list of questions to use when talking with your mentor. These are thinking questions.
And … stick around, the best part is yet to come.
23 Extraordinary Questions to Ask Your Mentor
- What qualities do you look for in the people you hang out with?
- If you wanted to encourage innovative ideas, how would you go about it?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- How do you give credit where credit is due?
- If you wanted to create an environment where motivation can thrive, what’s the first thing you would do?
- How do you show others that you believe in them?
- Who has influenced you the most?
- What do you do to challenge your underlying beliefs, paradigms and assumptions?
- What would you do differently if given the opportunity?
- When is breaking the rules okay?
- What does working ‘on’ your business mean to you?
- What does empowerment mean to you?
- How and where do you find inspiration?
- If you wanted to find the second best answer to a question or problem, what technique would you use?
- Why do you do what you do?
- How do you approach the unknown?
- How do you keep your feelings from clouding your decision-making?
- What’s the best way to keep your eye on future results?
- How do you bring courage and conviction to risky situations?
- What values are you committed to?
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
- What are 5 key books you feel I should read, and why?
- What dreams and goals inspired you to succeed?
Okay, are you ready? Here’s the fun part. It’s time to ask yourself these questions.
If you’re looking for a mentor or you want to make the most of your current mentoring relationship, download 7 Surefire Ways to Ask Someone to be Your Mentor.
It’s our gift for you—a free e-book to download and start reading today.
No strings. Just a big thanks for visiting and sharing our content!
We love to encourage mentoring relationships!
Whether you are an entrepreneur, an artist, a musician, an athlete, a student, a writer, a politician, a parent, a business owner, a teacher, etc. a great mentor can help you succeed at what you do.
Latest posts by Theresa Bradley-Banta (see all)
- Want an Energy Efficient Rental Property? Here Are 18 Things You Can Do - August 23, 2017
- How to Improve Energy Efficiency in Older Apartment Buildings - August 16, 2017
- What’s the Best Strategy for Handling Online Property Reviews? - August 9, 2017