A tenant welcome letter is a must have for all landlords and property managers and we have a template for you. (Yes, just for you.) Your letter sets the tone for communication between residents and management. A tenant welcome letter is expandable and will transform into a tenant handbook if you have the inclination.
Neuroscientists Mikhail Rabinovich and Christian Bick have concluded that we need to process information seven times before it is committed to memory. Use brain research and make sure the tenant welcome letter is hand delivered, snail mailed and emailed more than once to each new resident. Include this letter with your tenant welcome package and score points!
Here is the template (and there’s a download link below):
Dear (Resident’s first and last name),
Welcome to (Your building’s name)! We extend a warm greeting from our team and hope you will be happy in your new home. Included in this letter is all of the important information you need to know for a smooth transition.
Your new mailing address is:
(Your resident’s new address: Street, Unit Number, City, State, Zip code)
Property Management (or Landlord) Contact Information
- Phone number
- Email address
- Our operational hours are Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM.
- Should there be an emergency, please call 911 immediately. Notify us as soon as possible after calling 911.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month
- Rent can be paid with a check or through www.[xyzproperty].com
- Please make your payment payable to: xyzproperty
- You can mail your check but it must be received on or before the 1st of the month for the rent to be on time.
- Late fees of $00.00 per day begin at 9AM on the 2nd day of each month
- Put all maintenance requests in writing through [xyz]@yahoo.com or via your tenant web portal at www.[xyzproperty].com/portal
- We will respond to your request within three business days. Most repairs will made within 24 hours.
Important Phone Numbers
- Garage/Recycling Company
- Gas/Oil Company
- Water Company
- Cable Service
- Electric Company
- Internet Provider
- Phone Company
- Emergency: Police and Fire
- Post Office
Lease Renewal Rewards Program
- If you would like to renew your lease in one year we offer financial incentives or your choice of special gifts
- If you refer your friend and your friend leases an apartment with us we’ll reward you with a gift card or a free property upgrade
- Please stop by or contact our leasing office for details!
Apartment Rules and Regulations
Please review and become familiar with our posted rules and regulations. They are in place to provide a safe and convenient community space for everyone. We appreciate your cooperation.
Thank you for trusting us to provide you with a safe and secure place to call home,
(Your Company’s Name)
Create a resident handbook
The tenant welcome letter provides a way to convey vital information in one place, convenient for you and your resident. Contact information for local pharmacies, supermarkets, hospitals and schools are helpful information for residents as well. Tuck this tenant welcome letter into your fabulous tenant welcome package and pat yourself on the back!
If you are feeling ambitious, the tenant welcome letter can be enlarged into a tenant handbook easily. Each bold heading indicates a separate page for the handbook. Tailor and expand the bullet points under each heading with additional detailed information. Not inclusive, but suggested documents to include with your tenant handbook are:
- Renter’s Insurance Recommendation
- Lead Paint Disclosure Document
- Pre-Lease Inventory and Condition of Property
Download the tenant welcome letter
Use your welcome letter to educate and communicate! Follow this link to view and download the tenant welcome letter template.
Latest posts by Theresa Bradley-Banta (see all)
- Offering Free Rent Concessions to Attract Tenants? Whoa, Not so Fast. - October 10, 2017
- 17 Creative Move-In Specials For Leasing Apartment Units - October 3, 2017
- Easy Property Winterization Steps – Get Ready for Winter! - September 27, 2017